DEVELOPER SUCCESS STORIES
Rapido leverages Truecaller platform to acheive OTP-less mobile number verification, thus resulting into more ride bookings.
The key bottlenecks Rapido faced in their user verification flow were:
1. Failures with SMS based OTP verification process during registration led to loss of about 12-15% users.
2. The lengthier and multi-step onboarding led more splits leading to user drops and thus bad user experience.
3. Such drop-offs at onboarding stage led to loss in orders and consequently, revenue growth
How Truecaller SDK helped
When Rapido implemented Truecaller SDK on it's Android app as a primary mode of user identity, Rapido witnessed:
1. with 1-tap, instant verification flow, no. of complete signups/ logins increased, since NO SMS OTP was required for verification - leading to reduced drops at first step itself
2. By capturing mapped user profile such as name, email ID, etc. Rapido was able to reduce the number of steps/ screens - thus enabling quick user activation
3. Since users didn't need to manually enter mobile number or any other details, they were quickly able to move more users from verification stage to ride booking attempts
With Truecaller as primary mode of user verification, Rapido achieved higher app install-to-signup ratio, while minimizing it's OTP SMS costs by over 60%
of daily verifications on Rapido app without OTP
increase in successful user verification
increase in number of rides booking
Rapido used Truecaller Android SDK to achieve these results ( learn more )